Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Common Ground and Kinship


Jim's story:

The first stage of my working life was with Outward Bound, an international, non-profit, independent, outdoor education organization. There, I found an immediate kinship with the people that I had never felt with any group.

I have found the same immediate and easy sense of connection with the Dragonfly folks. So easy to find common ground for conversation based on common values. The community-based decision making process which was used at Outward Bound for policy making may appear to be cumbersome to some but it is ultimately the most effective and certainly one that appeals to my own need to maintain influence over the decisions that most impact me.

My two adult childen are based in Virginia and now Boston but they insist that I stay in Calgary to maintain their links to the city where they were born and spent their early years. Dragonfly would give me more than just a place to live but a "family" in the very best sense of the word while I maintain a place in Calgary for my progeny.

No comments:

Post a Comment