Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Planning for Retirement in Community

Sharon's Story: I didn't take a long time to decide to join Dragonfly. I have fond memories of growing up in a wonderful community, a suburb of Edmonton. Now, my inner-city house is too big, too much work and too old. It's not insulated. And I don’t know my neighbours...renters who come and go.

I’ll retire soon—a chance to redefine who I want to be. I want...pride of owning my own home, summer evenings in the yard, potluck dinners, friends to go for walks with, kids and seniors, neighbours who care,...

A long-time member of Dragonfly told me that people who inquire about cohousing usually come with a list and they want to know if cohousing will give them what they want. After they join, they start to change and to care more about what's best for the community.

When I’m retired, I want a reason to get up in the morning, and I don’t think I’ll find that reason inside me. I think I’ll find it...in my community.

No comments:

Post a Comment